Sunday, March 25, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award


Okay, I've been hit with the meme twice now, so it's time to play along. First Conservative Cowboy got me, now my dear Semper Fi Mom. Nice to know I'm liked by a few folks out there, and I am honored that Political Pistachio is considered to be written by a thinker (me).

Now, by thinking, I believe this doesn't mean a blog that just passes on the party line, or says what you say all the time almost verbatim, but a blog that is written in such a way that you think to yourself, "wow, that is a good piece of writing," or "geez, didn't think of it that way," or "hmmm, perhaps they've got something there." Really, almost every site on my "blogs I read" list in my sidebar are thinking blogs written by thinking bloggers. If they weren't, they wouldn't be on the list.

Okay, here's the rules:

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme. The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!

If I didn't pick you, doesn't mean you don't make me think. Either, you've been hit with this award already, or I figure you will be or was and I didn't notice. Now for the list of the five I picked.

5 blogs that are always well written and thought provoking:

1. Gentile Warrior

2. The Christian Defender

3. Night Rider/Holy Chalice

4. Gawfer

5. Conservative Beach Girl

2 comments:

Semper Fi Mom said...

Thanks for playing along! :) I love Gawfer's blog, and now you've introduced me to 4 great new ones(to me anyway)! Now, how am I supposed to read all these great blogs and have a life too?

Beach Girl said...

Here are only 5 of the very good blogs I read. Thank you very much for the mention. I'm not flying at 100% yet but want to mention a few:

Gates of Vienna

Mr. Minority

Eternity Road

Steve's Hodgepodge

A Western Heart This is also Mike Jericho's site.

And from our "boots on the ground", Coconut Commando