Saturday, May 12, 2007

Soldier's Creed

Thanks to ArrMatey over at CourtZero blog and Pirate Pundit Radio.

Now for the words of ArrMatey: Dusting off my trusty Bugle Notes, I recall this (well, my version is old school, as they say, so a few words are different now than they were in 1985)

I am an American Soldier.

I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States of America and
live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and
drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier.

...................................................

Also, tune in today at BlogTalk Radio for the latest episode of Political Pistachio Radio - I am hot on a number of issues, today, so it should prove to be interesting. Live: 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern - or archived for your convenience. If you are listening live, feel free to call in at (646) 652-2940. Yahoo Instant Messsage me at my ID: douglasvgibbs. Mrs. Pistachio and I would love to hear from you!

Also, don't forget, immediately following my show is My Point Radio starring Dave and Jenn. Give them a listen, they have authors and fellow bloggers Matt Margolis,and Mark Noonan, "Caucus of Corruption", on as guests. Enjoy.

1 comment:

WomanHonorThyself said...

Booyah!!!..always nice to find some inspiration about our troops..thanks!