Sunday, July 13, 2008

Phelps and the Westboro Heretics Invade Tony Snow's Place of Rest

There are some things in life that really get under my skin.

When, during the housing boom, people with poor credit, many of whom lied about their income and nature of employment, obtained mortgage loans they weren't even qualified for to buy houses they couldn't even afford; that ticked me off.

Now that house prices have stopped rising, and the house can't be refinanced or sold at a profit, Congress is asking the taxpayer to subsidize the mortgages so these dirtballs can remain in their unaffordable houses - that really ticks me off.

But when folks, in the name of Christianity, do idiotic things that are way outside what a Christian would do, that really sets me off.

Well, guess what, folks - the Westboro Heretics are at it again.

From Ms. Underestimated:


Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Tony Snow’s Funeral


Dear God, please let the Patriot Guard Riders know about this ahead of time. The Phelps gang is ready to strike, and they outline their intent here.

Please pass this along to all who can get the word out so we can stop these fools. According to their site, this is when it’s going to happen and why.

I’m sick to my stomach at this, and really don’t want to give them any more press than they give themselves, but I would hate to think that their planning would go un-noticed and that nobody would respond to stop this insanity. Please… don’t let this come to pass. I know we have freedom of speech, but some things should just not be permitted. This is one of them.

------------

Also Read My Posts:

Religiously Motivated Beheadings Depicted on BBC

McCain Wins the Presidency (Unlikely?)

No comments: