Sunday, February 01, 2009

Obama, The U.N., The World Situation, The Pelosi Economic Disaster Package, Conservative Values, Ledbetter Act, Obama's Lies. . .


I discussed each of those topics (and more) listed above last night on the Political Pistachio Radio Revolution.

But, for the first time since my show began two years ago, I was not on the air live.

My best friend (well, second best friend if you count my wife) threw a surprise party for his wife last night to celebrate her 40th birthday (or as some may say, she reached 20 - the second time). The get-together was held in the VIP room of a restaurant called "Castaway" on a high hill in San Bernardino - and from my vantage point as I was eating dinner it looked like I could see all of Southern California (okay, okay, perhaps that is a little bit of an exagerration). The scenery was great because the skies were clear, and the smog had been blown away by the high winds earlier this week.

Anyhow, the party began at 6:00 pm, and would go on until everyone was too tired to dance, or talk, or so on. Founding Truth (a show I co-host with Loki) runs from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. My show, Political Pistachio Radio, runs from 7:00 pm to 9:00 Saturday Nights (mind you, this is Pacific Time). What to do? The party was at the same time!

I wound up calling into Founding Truth on my cell phone on the way to the restaurant on the hill, and pre-recorded a full two hours of my show (Political Pistachio Radio) in the morning, and then set it to play last night automatically when the show began. (I activated the show by calling in to it with my cell phone, and then leaving the device in my truck as the show progressed - I hope the valet was quiet when he moved my truck to a different spot as the evening progressed).

The whole point of this is that after the show I spoke with Loki who I asked to run my chat room for me, and he said that it was kind of funny because a lot of people were calling in to the show (he saw a number of them pop up on the switchboard as the show progressed) hoping to talk with me on the subject matter I was addressing. So, tonight, the Sunday Evening Political Pistachio Radio Revolution will, along with a few topics for discussion, be all about the callers. Open Line Sunday, I guess we can call it. So, Conservatives and Liberals alike, let's talk politics tonight on Political Pistachio Radio. Show begins live at 7:00 pm Pacific, and the dial-in number is 646-652-2940.

See ya tonight!

No comments: