Sunday, August 30, 2009
The Listening Guy joins Political Pistachio Radio
Looking for a different angle to explore with the economy?
Employment, sales training expert, and founder of thelisteningguy.com, Tom Armour, says the #1 skill you need to develop in order to navigate this tougher than ever job market is...LISTENING. "Being a good listener, and then responding to what you learn when listening, is crucial in so many ways, especially now. And unfortunately, most Americans are much better at talking than listening, which has become something of a lost art."
Dubbed "The Listening Guy", Tom will give us the lowdown on this crucial lost skill, and why it's so important.
I will ask Tom about:
- How being a great listener can help you hang onto the job you have longer, or better position you for a transition
- Three ways that "listening" to the phrasing of a Help Wanted ad can help you give you a leg up on other applicants
- How listening is the most important strategy in selling yourself to potential employers before, during and after a job interview
- The reason that the best listener in a company are often the most highly paid
- What President Obama has said repeatedly about his own listening skills
Join us live at 7:00 pm tonight, or catch the archive later, at BlogTalkRadio.com/politicalpistachio.