Friday, November 27, 2009

I Refuse To Participate With Black Friday

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Twice. That is all it took. Twice I have stood in the cold in a line of a hundred or more people outside a super bargains store for hours upon hours before it opened with the hopes of fighting and winning against other bargain hungry shoppers for the popular doll, inexpensive computer, or robotic dog of the season. Twice my wife talked me into it, and twice I told her never again after the madness ended. The third time is not a charm. At three o'clock in the morning my wife and daughter are leaving the safety and warmth of our home to fight for Black Friday deals, and lose out on most of them.

My grandson and I will be snug in our beds, smiling because we chose to stay home.

It's called Black Friday for a reason - and those crazy people hoping to save a few bucks can have it.

See ya when the sun rises.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: