Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christian Hypocrites


By Douglas V. Gibbs

I was talking to a woman recently at the store because she just had to go out of her way to give me a piece of her mind because of the shirt I was wearing. The shirt has the NOTW logo on it. NOTW stands for Not Of This World, and is a reference to Christ.

The woman walked up to me and said, "All Christians are hypocrites."

Steve May, a pastor I often listen to on KWVE, once gave me the perfect answer to that one, so I followed Steve's lead, and responded, "Yes, we are. We are not perfect, and we stumble constantly in our desire to be more like Christ. We fail to live the life we strive for more often than not. But if you think us Christians are a mess now, you should have seen us before we turned over our lives to Jesus."

She laughed, "So you are saying Jesus is a crutch."

My paster, Greg Laurie, once gave a great answer to that one to Larry King on CNN. I replied, "No, ma'am, not at all. Jesus is not a crutch. He's the whole hospital."

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: