Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly, and Fox News

Sarah Palin Made Her Debut As A Fox News Analyst Tonight

By Douglas V. Gibbs

I do not watch much television, and when I do it is usually sports. On occasion I will catch a movie, or one of the news channels. When I found out that Sarah Palin was going to premiere as a Fox News Analyst, and her first gig would be on the Bill O'Reilly Show, I decided to tune in.

Sarah Palin first caught my attention a full year before John McCain chose her as his running mate. In 2007 I spoke, and wrote, often about her, suggesting that she should be the choice for Vice President by whoever won the Republican nomination. At one point, just prior to McCain's choice of a running mate, a liberal asked me who I though would be the choice, and I responded "I don't know" only because I didn't think McCain had enough sense to pick her.

Palin's record as the governor of Alaska made her the obvious choice, in my opinion. Her conservative political beliefs made her an ideal counter to McCain's very moderate positions. The Left, however, launched on her quickly, trying to do whatever they could to discredit her, most of the time coming up with untrue accusations that were later discounted.

On O'Reilly, Sarah Palin's commentary was intelligent and insightful. She answered O'Reilly's questions with clarity, and an incredible understanding of Washington politics.

Guided by O'Reilly's questions, Sarah Palin also addressed much of what was mentioned in the book, Game Change, as well as other accusations that have been flooding the media. She called much of it baseless accusations, and alarming. She said, "More and more Americans are waking up to the biased media."

Palin spoke fondly of the tea party movement, but reminded Bill that there is no "Tea Party Ticket." She talked about how she is contributing, without taking any pay, and how she believes that the Tea Party Movement is valuable to Conservatism in America.

Overall, I believe she will be a valued addition to the Fox News team, and it will give me more reason to start tuning in to television, especially Fox News.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: