Friday, February 12, 2010

Turns Out I Was Right About Debra Medina

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Last December 13th I wrote a piece regarding the showdown I saw coming over the governorship of Texas. I wrote favorably of Rick Perry, not so favorably of Kay Bailey Hutchison, and said the following regarding alleged Tea Party favorite, Debra Medina: "A third candidate, Debra Medina, is of the Ron Paul style of politics. If she is anything like the man she supports, like Ron Paul she is constitutionally right 80% of the time, and street cat crazy the other twenty percent."

The response I received through comments, and Email, was overwhelmingly angry that I would call Medina "street cat crazy." I even considered bringing her on my radio program to discuss the issues with her in order to give her an opportunity to vindicate herself.

I later forgot about her, except for that gut feeling that made me feel like there was something wrong with Medina, and I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Andrea Shea King contacted me by Email, familiar with how I feel about Debra Medina, to let me know that Glenn Beck had interviewed Medina, and the interview exposed a "street cat crazy" trait about Medina.

In the interview Glenn Beck asked Medina about the "Truthers" (a group of people who not only tended to adopt Ron Paul as their guy, but believe that 9/11 was an inside job committed by the U.S. Government under the guidance of either Bush or Cheney), and if she believed their theories.

Debra Medina, in typical political fashion, more or less danced around the issue, leading Glenn Beck to believe she subcribes to the truly whacko truther theories.

Medina's response was as follows: "I don’t have all the evidence there, Glenn, so I’m not in a place – I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard. There’s some very good arguments and I think the American people have not seen all the evidence there so I’ve not taken a position there."

Being a truther is sort of nuts, and when it comes to the issue of if 9/11 was an inside job, either you subscribe to the belief, or you recognize the very thought as being extremely insane. In Medina's case, I suppose a third option may be true. She may not agree with the theories, but a great many of her followers may indeed believe the insanity - and she didn't wish to alienate that segment of her base.

Either way, it turns out I was on the money when I said she may very well be "street cat crazy."

Oh, and to all you truthers out their chomping on your bits right about now, consider this - Like most members of the truther brigade, you agree with the leftists that George W. Bush is one of the biggest idiots ever to walk this Earth. Considering that for a moment, you expect me to believe that you support a theory that places the biggest idiot the world has ever seen behind the biggest conspiracy the world has ever experienced, and the idiot pulled it off perfectly, without any hitches, and nobody has ever come forward?

Please.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Coming Showdown In Texas - Political Pistachio

Glenn Beck slams Debra Medina for not disavowing 9-11 truthers - CT Patriot's Blog

No comments: