Monday, March 22, 2010

Anderson Cooper Smoked By Cheech Marin on Jeopardy

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Anderson Cooper, the silver haired CNN voice that many claim is an intellectual giant was beat mercilessly on Jeopardy by former pot smoking comedian-actor Cheech Marin. Sure, Anderson has won on Jeopardy before, but his arrogance was caught off guard when Cheech not only beat him, but handed him a devastating hands-down defeat.

Jeopardy is one of my favorite game shows, and I usually do well in the Shakespeare, geopolitical, sports and word games categories. Opera usually kills me, despite the fact that I have been to a few performances thanks to the visits to such productions as a young man.

Nonetheless, in this particular episode of Jeopardy it was a battle of previous winners, pitting Anderson Cooper against Aisha Tyler, and Cheech Marin.

Ivy Leaguer Anderson Cooper, from what I understand, used to brag about his previous Jeopardy win, and saw Cheech as an easy defeat.

Interestingly enough, later the CNN anchor, though he admitted taking the loss hard, was able to keep a little sense of humor about it, and had Cheech Marin on his show to discuss the game, and so that Anderson could toss around excuses regarding his pitiful performance.

Cooper, during the conversation with Cheech, comments that at least he's actually the Jeopardy winner among CNN anchors (which isn't saying much since CNN and MSNBC are so full of morons that even the Cartoon Network gets better ratings than they do - combined).

Okay, Anderson, I can kind of understand your confidence going in, since Cheech was expected to be a little slow after all of his years smoking pot. But the way Anderson played the game, most of us could have beaten him easily.

So much for that Ivy League education.

My family and friends won't play the home version of the game with me, anymore. I win too easily. Maybe I ought to call Anderson up for some competition. . . oops, I mean Cheech. Cooper looks like he'd be way to easy to beat.



-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: