Sunday, March 14, 2010

Losing Penis Skin - Circumcision Visited One More Time

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Ever since I wrote a piece about my opposition to the possibility of circumcision being outlawed in Massachusetts I have had a great number of folks commenting, and sending me Emails, trying to convince me why circumcision is such a horrid practice. They use medical findings, as well as the "it should be the choice of the child" argument.

Which made me wonder, in regards to the argument that parents are taking away the choice of the child. . . I wonder how many people that are against circumcision because they are worried about the child's choice regarding the skin around the head of his penis are also pro-abortion, and have no consideration about the child's choice to live?

That is not an insinuation that all folks against circumcision are pro-abortion. I am simply asking a question - and I am willing to bet that more than half of the folks arguing against circumcision are also pro-abortion. Perhaps I am wrong. But even if the number is lower than 50%, just the fact that there are people out there arguing that circumcision takes away the choice of a child in regards to the foreskin of his penis, but don't care about the child's choice to live and have no problem with a woman having a doctor slaughter the little baby because the child is an inconvenience to her life right now, is appalling.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: