Sunday, March 14, 2010

Response to Accusations That I Am A Birther

By Douglas V. Gibbs

If the word "birther" is a description of one who is questioning the validity of Barack Obama's birth certificate, I suppose I fit the bill. But that does not mean I necessarily believe he wasn't born in Hawaii.

With Liberals it is all or nothing. Either you fit completely into a stereotype they've created for you, or you are a liar, or something worse.

Anytime I report on a story regarding the Birth Certificate issue, immediately I get a bunch of people commenting calling me all sorts of names, or trying to convince me that the birth certificate provided by Robert Gibbs for the world to see is the genuine article. I get it, he may very well have been born in Hawaii, and that is just peachy.

One of his parents, by his own admittance, is not an American citizen, and his mother had not resided in America very long at the time of his birth. Therefore, questions of his eligibility are still lingering.

But hey, fine and dandy, let's just suppose everything is on the up and up, and he is as he says, and that is that. Good deal. Then a detailed birth certificate with all of his information on it shall be a snap to produce.

As I said in my last eligibility post, and prior posts, he may have very well been born in Hawaii - but this birth certificate does not give certain vital information as would the long form. If the current birth certificate we have all seen is indeed the real birth certificate, then cool - why can't we see the long form?

My argument has been all along that it is not whether or not Obama was born in Hawaii that concerns me (though there are a great many people that are convinced he wasn't born in Hawaii, like the residents of Kenya), but the fact that he dodges the questions, provides a questionable birth certificate (actually Gibbs provided it, but who's keeping score?), he has hired lawyers to seal his records, and all we are allowed to know about him is what he told us in his two books, raises a few eyebrows, as well as it should. So, if he was indeed born in Hawaii as you folks angry with me on this issue are so carefully trying to convince me, and the rest of the world, then why a short form? Why not a birth certificate with the name of his father on it? Why not let folks know the exact place of birth so that the town may have a library, or a plaque, or whatever they wish to have to celebrate their town as the birthplace of the 44th president of the United States? What is he hiding?

My opinion has long been that it is not the place of birth, as the birthers think, that Barack Obama is hiding, but may very well be the box under the word "Father's Name" that he is hiding.

I believe that it may be possible that Barack Obama has something deeper and darker to hide than a mere birthplace.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: