Saturday, April 17, 2010

What I Fear I Am Not Afraid To Speak Of

By: J.J. Jackson

Fear, it is said, is a great motivator. When someone on unemployment sees benefits running out and the fears of starvation, losing one's house and seeing their children suffer arise it often motivates them to get off their butt and work. When one hears the footsteps of a burglar ascending the stairs to their bedroom fear often motivates them to collect their gun and prepare to shoot first and ask questions later. When those who believe they are endowed by God with the right to lead men fear loosing their power the motivation often arises for them to do whatever it takes to keep such from happening by any means necessary.

I fear things too. And I am not afraid to speak of them.

I fear that if a November ballot box revolution should be completed and those currently holding down the yoke upon our necks be removed that the new class of rulers swept into power will resolve some of the issues but still maintain a tyranny upon us. It may well be a softer tyranny; a kinder, gentler oppression, but still a tyranny none the less. I fear that this lesser tyranny will lull into sleep Americans who will slumber as the soft tyranny slowly becomes a sledgehammer which future rulers will use to bludgeon us across our heads and that we will be returned to our current misery within a few short years.

I hope however that such will not come to pass.

But if, by chance my fears are misplaced and this new class of ruler is indeed true to our Constitution, limited government and the inalienable rights of all mankind my fears will not be quashed. No, new fears will be raised in my mind. First is that in 2012 people will forget how hideous and anti-American the man sitting in the White House is because he has not been able to implement even more radical planks of an agenda that should never be uttered from the lips of any who call this soil home. I fear that he would be reelected and in the long run do further damage through any powers he can silently muster behind the scenes with unholy authorities slowly amassed by the Office of the President.

I hope however that such will not come to pass.

And, if by sheer will power, after the elections of 2012 we have a complete government of, for and by the people overseen by a limited government whose authority is restrained by the Constitution I fear that within a generation we will have lost it all and begun this cycle again. I fear that too many people will forget the heinous ideas of those that seek to order Americans in matters of how and where to live, what products to buy and even when to die. I fear that under the prosperity that would without a doubt ensue we would once again have too many yearning for bigger government once again.

But you know what my greatest fear is? My greatest fear is that we never get that far through the electoral process. My greatest fear is that we are stalled. I fear that the American public will become lulled to sleep between now and the elections in November by a sense of false stability and manipulated numbers and facts. I fear that too many will be bought off with promises of other people's money and that they will believe that everything is alright because of a slight rebound in the stock markets although the troubles and bad policies that caused the pain in the first place were not solved. I fear that come November Americans will not change course as we again return to Washington those the vast majority of those whose ideas who have brought us misery and will bring us misery again.

I hope however that such will not come to pass. Because I fear that if it does come to pass the worst of all situations will befall this Republic. I fear that we will degenerate once again into war. However this time states will have a legitimate cause to leave the union. And I believe they will. It will however be unlike the previous time this was tried where states believed falsely that it was their right to secede in order to oppress persons within their boundaries and deny them their inalienable rights based on the color of their skin. But knowing tyrants as I do I know that the Tyrants of the Potomac will not allow such to happen.

For they will know that it shall be the productive that shall leave them and that it will be the looters which they will be left to rule over along with a dwindling Treasury with which to appease the classes they have made dependant upon their actions. The Tyrants of the Potomac will never allow freedom loving men and women to leave without a fight. I fear that blood will be spilled in the pursuit of unjust power. I fear that wives will lose their husbands, that children will lose their fathers and that brothers will lose their brothers and even once again be compelled to fight against them.

I fear that Americans will have to once again fight for their liberty in the manner that is always the last resort and that while the result of such a war may well be good, the battles themselves and individually will never be such.

There is one thing that I do not fear however. I do not fear however that God has left us. He is still at our side. And by his grace, and by whatever path must be followed, we will overcome.

=====================================
J.J. Jackson is a libertarian conservative author from Pittsburgh, PA who has been writing and promoting individual liberty since 1993 and is President of Land of the Free Studios, Inc. He is the Pittsburgh Conservative Examiner for Examiner.com. He is also the owner of The Right Things - Conservative T-shirts & Gifts http://www.cafepress.com/rightthings. His weekly commentary along with exclusives not available anywhere else can be found at http://www.libertyreborn.com.

No comments: