Saturday, May 08, 2010

American Flag Banned on Cinco De Mayo at California School



By Douglas V. Gibbs

I never thought I would see the day when the American Flag is considered disruptive. The American Flag has been burned by leftists in the name of free speech, while someone who burned the Mexican Flag in Texas was fined. Now, on Cinco De Mayo, students who dared to wear shirts with American Flags on them were suspended for refusing to hide Old Glory.

Could you imagine if during a celebration for American Independence Day students with Mexican flags on their shirts were asked to change shirts? The blow-back would be horrendous. The Mexican communities would do as they are doing with Arizona, calling anyone who agreed with such an action racist, and would probably call for the heads of the principal, and anyone else in on the decision.

The students with the American Flags on their shirts attend Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, California. Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez asked the boys to turn their shirts inside-out because he felt showing America's colors, in America on Cinco De Mayo, was disrespectful. Then, after the student's parents took the kids home, they got in trouble for unauthorized absence.

And the funny thing about it is Cinco De Mayo is not a holiday in Mexico. The Mexican population south of the border does not get the day off down there, nor do they celebrate the make-believe Mexican holiday. Cinco De Mayo is a purely American celebration, a celebration of a small battle between France and Mexico created by Corona Beer in the hopes of making a little more money.

That's right, all you "Nation of Aztlan" supporters, Cinco De Mayo exists because of a bunch of Capitalists getting the big idea that if they gave you a day to celebrate, you'd buy more of their "Mexican" beer on that day, and they'd make a boat-load of money off of you.

Talk about sheep.

And don't start calling me racist, those of you out there with blood squirting out of their ears. I can almost see you, right now, ready to slam me for my dare to be insensitive to your invasion of America by illegal means (illegal aliens. . . you support their criminal activity of crossing the border, I am guessing). You don't know me. For God's sake, my wife was born in Mexico, and naturalized a few years ago - and refuses to allow anyone to call her Mexican-American. She's an American, and that is all she'll go by. And I guarantee you, she is bold enough to come to that decision on her own, so don't throw your stupid "it's because she's married to you" B.S. Rather than coming here to try to turn the Southwest into Mexico, she came with her parents as a kid to assimilate into the American experience.

If you claim your allegiance to Mexico, then go to Mexico. America is for Americans. If you are not going to participate in American Society, then you are not beneficial to American Society, and you should be where your heart truly lies.

As for me, if I were those boys at that high school in Morgan Hill, I would have refused to go home, and the principal would have had to forcefully remove me from campus, as I sat in the center of the Mexican Cinco De Mayo dance, showing off my American Patriotism, and grinning as they all flipped me off.

"Hey," I would say as I pulled a booklet out of my back pocket, "do you want a U.S. Constitution?"

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

American Hero Who Set Fire to Mexican Flag Charged With Burning Rubbish - Canada Free Press

Buena Pregunta: What Is Cinco de Mayo? - WCCO CBS News

Don't Burn My Flag - Bad Eagle

School District: Flag Clothing Incident "Extremely Unfortunate - NBC Bay Area

Whose country is it, anyway? - Michelle Malkin

No comments: