Monday, June 07, 2010

Rickie Fowler Loses it in the End

By Douglas V. Gibbs

One of the extraordinary experiences I have had in my life is playing golf with Rickie Fowler. He was just a kid, back then. Eight, I believe. And he kicked my butt. I was known to be a long driver, and he out drove me. Then he chipped, putted, and went along his merry way while I was still looking for my ball.

Now, Rickie is all grown up and playing in professional golf tournaments. And at the Memorial in Dublin, Ohio, he dang-near won the PGA event.

Rickie Fowler wound up three strokes behind winner Justin Rose, by the end of the final hole. Justin Rose pulled of the win for his first PGA victory. Muirfield Village will be one course that Rose never forgets.

Golf, being the greatest game ever invented not called baseball, has its moments, watching Rickie Fowler and Justin Rose battle it out was one of them.

I have a feeling Fowler will be the victor the next time they meet.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Justin Rose holds off Rickie Fowler to win the Memorial by three strokes, his first PGA Tour victory - New York Daily News

No comments: