Thursday, July 01, 2010

Oil Spill Clean Up Hindered by Government

By Douglas V. Gibbs

My father spent a number of years as the captain of an oil spill clean up ship for a company called "Clean Seas." He told me stories about the Exxon spill, and the efficient manner these ships extract oil from the ocean.

My father died in 1999, but one of his best friends who also used to work for Clean Seas, and I, had a great conversation today. He told me how the ships, if given the okay, would be instrumental in helping with the oil spill clean up in the Gulf. Problem is, the EPA has not allowed any of the ships to participate. The ships are not fitting the EPA's standards.

Yet, Obama says he is doing all he can to fix the problem.

hmmmmmmmm. . . .

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: