Saturday, August 21, 2010

Murrieta City Council Election: Eight Candidates, Three Seats


By Douglas V. Gibbs

A couple weeks ago there was a Candidate Forum at the Republican Headquarters in Temecula, California that introduced the candidates for Murrieta City Council to the voters. Three of us were unable to attend. I was suffering from an abscess and was being treated while the forum was in progress.

After the forum, a reporter from the Temecula Valley News contacted me by phone. She had been unable to get a hold of the other two challengers, and was grateful that I had purposely made myself as accessible as possible to the press and the voters. During the interview we discussed all of the major issues, as well as my stance on Measures C, D, and E, which are geared toward term limits, and limiting the salaries of administrative officials, and the city council.

I am in support of all three measures.

To learn more about my candidacy, go to douglasvgibbs.com.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Murrieta candidate forum kicks off flurry of council elections - Temecula Valley News

Eight scramble for three open seats in Nov. 2 Murrieta election - Temecula Valley News

No comments: