Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Candidate Forum at The Colony

Tonight I participated in the MURRIETA CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATES’ FORUM at The Colony at California Oaks.

The event was held in the clubhouse Auditorium at 7:00 PM. All of the candidates were present. The key issues were the Murrieta Initiatives C, D, and E, of which all candidates except myself and Emelia Rychener are against. In response to past attacks against the initiatives, I chose to bring out some numbers. As a result of me putting out factual numbers found on Murrieta's website, and a report by the California League of Cities that indicates that the City Council pockets more money than they admit, and that our City Manager is in the top 18% of salaries in California, City Council Member Rick Gibbs left the reservation, and launched into a verbal attack against Bob Kowell, the author of the initiatives. Rick's actions were unethical, and unprofessional. I have an article regarding the episode I have submitted to The Californian, and a few other newspapers. If they publish, I will provide you with links.

A video of the event should be available soon at The Colony's website.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: