Monday, October 18, 2010

A Prayer for Bethany


By Douglas V. Gibbs

My good friend, John Barnhart, has been off the radar for a while. Together we had created American Daily Review, and at one point our website was in the top 40,000 sites in America, and fast approaching the top 100,000 sites in the world. His administrative duties, however, after he was unable to continue on due to his own health problems, was too much for me to handle alone in his absence considering the hours I work. Then, after his health difficulties were resolved, he planned to return, and he and I were going to take the Internet by storm again with a rejuvenation of ADR.

Tragedy struck my friend again, however, and again life outside his immediate world will have to hold on. I ask that you all provide prayers for John and his family. The situation they are facing is one I could not possibly imagine in regards to the difficulty. On October 14, 2010, Bethany, John's 18 year old daughter, passed away.

Life was just beginning, only to end tragically before her collegiate career had the opportunity to blossom.

Bethany's favorite Bible Verse was Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Her funeral is tomorrow at 3 pm.

No comments: