Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Amusement Park Wedding Anniversary


By Douglas V. Gibbs

Tomorrow my wife and I will celebrate 27 years of marital bliss. Part of our celebration is to go to Disneyland and California Adventure today. This will be the first time in a long time my wife and I will go to Disneyland without children attached. The last time we went to the Magic Kingdom was when the kids were younger. They are now both grown up, married, and out of the house.

Then, my wife and I got to thinking about it. Aside from today, there has only been one other time we have gone to Disneyland alone, just the two of us. That was over 27 years ago in June of 1984. Grad Night. We were dating back then and I had just graduated from High School. We went to Grad Night at Disneyland together, little knowing that only two months later we would decide to get married.

That's right. My wife and I have been married 27 years, and we are high school sweethearts.

And as the years have passed, the marriage has gotten much better. We are more in love today than we ever have been.

I am blessed.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: