Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gun Ownership Is A Virtue

Guns, in the hands of evil men, can be used for evil doings. Guns, in the hands of good men, keep evil at bay.

By Douglas V. Gibbs

My shirt says "American Militia." The image on the back is a shield covered by an American Flag, a bald eagle, and two crossed AK 47s - with "We The People" draped over the top. Though I don't have an AK 47 (but I would love to own one), I have plenty of fire power should I need it.

I remember in March of 2010 when I was at the Tea Party Express rally in Searchlight, Nevada a news crew from Ireland asked me if I was willing to take up arms against my government.

"If necessary."

We mustn't forget that it is exactly this kind of tyranny we are currently up against the Founding Fathers warned us against. About the only thing they haven't done is outlaw voting.

The liberal left would like to disarm us. My mention of the AK 47s probably has a bunch of them freaking out as they read this. Fact is, gun violence goes down when the population is armed, because the potential victims can fight back.

In Britain, for example, after gun regulations pretty much disarmed the public, the gun violence increased drastically.

Armed citizens are free. Unarmed citizens are subjects.

"Weapons compound man's power to achieve; they amplify the capabilities of both the good man and the bad, and to exactly the same degree, having no will of their own. Thus we must regard them as servants, not masters - and good servants to good men. Without them, man is diminished, and his opportunities to fulfill his destiny are lessened. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Colonel Jeff Cooper, as quoted in "Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse" by James Wesley, Rawles.

I am still surprised at how many ignorant people there are out there that believe that taking guns away from law abiding citizens (or heavily restricting such fire arms) is a good thing.

Give me an AK, and I guarantee nobody is ripping my place off.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Gun Facts

No comments: