Thursday, September 08, 2011

Massive Southern California Power Outage Affects San Diego County, Orange County, Mexican Border, Parts of Arizona

by Douglas V. Gibbs

Moments after I walked in from the Constitution Class I lead at a local gun shop, a good friend of mine from Arizona gave me a call on my cell. "Do you have electricity?" he asked.

I was unaware of the massive power outage from Yuma to San Diego, and up the Southern California coast. The San Onofre nuclear plant was affected, as was Camp Pendleton Marine Base. But I had power, so I told my buddy my lights were burning bright.

He asked me about Carlsbad, so I told him I'd do a little investigating, and would call him back.

As it turns out, the outage hit an area ten miles south of me, but my position in Riverside County kept us free from the outage. I called down to Carlsbad, and unfortunately they were dark. I told my friend, and he responded with frustration. He had planned to come out from Arizona for a day at Legoland in Carlsbad.

An hour later, the lights came on at Camp Pendleton just north of Carlsbad. It turns out my buddy may have his day at Legoland after all.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

San Diego Could Be Without Power Until Friday - Sign On San Diego

Huge blackout hits Southern California, Mexican border - Reuters

No comments: