Friday, September 16, 2011

Obama's Assault on the Constitution: "I'd like to work my way around Congress."

By Douglas V. Gibbs

It is no secret that Barack Obama is trying to do what he can to make the legislative branch completely irrelevant. It is one thing when he shows it with his actions, but now Obama has straight out said it.

While talking to a Hispanic group, when it comes to amnesty for illegal aliens, Obama said, "I'd like to work my way around Congress."

"As I mentioned when I was at La Raza a few weeks back, I wish I had a magic wand and could make this all happen on my own," Obama told a meeting of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. "There are times where -- until Nancy Pelosi is speaker again -- I'd like to work my way around Congress."

Was his statement a wish? Or a goal?

Dictators desire working around the people, or any bodies of legislation. He isn't even willing to execute the laws on the books regarding immigration, and his Justice Department has sued Arizona and Alabama for trying to enforce the laws on the books.

An example of how he is unilaterally acting against the laws on the books was how, recently, Obama decided to not initiate deportation proceedings against illegal aliens unless they have committed serious crimes.

The law isn't being followed, and Obama is willing to circumvent the law, and Congress, to get what he wants.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Obama: I'd Like To Work My Way Around Congress - Washington Examiner

No comments: