Thursday, November 24, 2011

Grandchildren on Thanksgiving 2011

We used to go to my wife's parents at 11:00 am on Thanksgiving for turkey and tamales, and then my parent's house at about 4:00 pm to eat again. Both families are large, and the family gatherings can be sometimes overwhelming. Then, on Saturday (because I usually worked on the Friday after Thanksgiving), we would cook a small turkey and have our own Thanksgiving dinner at home. After the kids grew up and moved out, my wife and I continued that tradition.

Now, both kids are married, and have two kids. Our family, counting just my wife and I, the kids, their spouses, and the four grandchildren, has grown to ten. This year we told our respective parents that we decided to have our own Thanksgiving this year, and our love was with them.

My, my, my, how my house got loud with the two boys in the house (ages four, and nearly three). What a blessing.

My son's kids were gone before I could get a chance to snap some pictures, but my daughter's children, Cortez and Nevaeh, stayed for the long haul. Ezekiel, the four year old, did spend the night with us last night, though. My daughter, without her Air Force husband right now because he is doing some E-5 training in Tennessee, was more than happy to spend the day with us.

Below are the pics of Cortez just being the happy little guy he is, and Nevaeh just after enjoying some ice cream.




-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: