By Douglas V. Gibbs
The Gallup Poll is announcing the wondrous event of the Obama Resurrection in the Polls. His Poll Numbers, after months of continuous dismal showings, is on the rise. The democrat angels are singing, the bells are ringing, because just in time for the election year suddenly everybody is starting to love Barack Hussein Obama once again.
Apparently all of those voters that voted in all of those Tea Party Conservative Republicans in 2010 have changed their mind. . . or at least that is what The Left wants you to believe.
But there is something curious about Obama's magical rise, along with the convenient drop of the unemployment rate (also through the manipulation of the numbers). . .
- According to CNN, 59% of the people believes that Obama's policies will fail.
- Gallup recently announced that 73% of Americans believe that the out of control National Debt is to be blamed on wasteful government spending, while only 22% agrees with Obama that it is because the government is not taxing people enough.
- According to a Rasmussen Poll, 77% wants the government to cut deficits, 71% thinks the government should cut spending, and 59% wants the government to cut taxes - all in disagreement with Mr. Obama, once again.
- A CBS Poll shows that there is increasing pessimism about the direction of the U.S. economy, showing that the percentage of people that sees the economy in permanent decline has increased from 28 percent in October 2010 to 39 percent now.
- According to a Wall Street Journal/NBC News Poll, 74% of Americans believes the nation is headed in the wrong direction.
- Finally, according to our good friends at Gallup, which has been bringing you the news of Obama's recent resurgence, a poll regarding American's satisfaction with where the country is going in 2011 ranks as the second lowest since 1979, which was during Carter's disaster of a presidency. In other words, on average, only 17% of Americans this year are satisfied with national conditions, ahead of only 2008's 15%.
And Obama has been president long enough that he can't be blaming all of this on Bush.
So let me get this straight: 59% believes Obama's policies are a failure, 73% of Americans disagree with Obama and blame the national debt on his wasteful spending, 77% disagrees with Barry and is demanding we cut deficits, 71% says cut spending, and 59% says they should cut taxes - during the presidency that has increased spending the most in history and is calling for an increase in taxes, 39% believes we have passed the point of no return, 74% believes we are heading in the wrong direction, and Gallup's poll regarding how people see where the country is headed has us at only 17% satisfied. . .
Yet, Gallup is reporting that Obama is surging in the polls, and in fact has Obama at 47% approval.
Something smells rotten in Denmark, as they say, especially when you consider that the magical jump in approval is happening at the start of the campaign season.
The season of lies has begun. Let's just see how many people fall for the manipulation of the truth.
Fact is, the numbers don't add up. If 2010 was any indication, and if the numbers other than the fake ones are of any consequence, Elmer Fudd could beat Obama in a landslide next November.
Liberals lie because liberalism fails whenever it is tried, and they have to lie to stay in power.
-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary
Gallup: Obama Job Approval Surges - Politico
CNN poll: 59% believe Obama’s policies will fail - Hot Air
Americans Blame Wasteful Government Spending for Deficit - Gallup
Rasmussen poll shows most voters want gov’t spending reduced - Free Republic
Poll: Many say economy is in permanent decline - CBS News
Country Is Headed in Wrong Direction, 74% Say - Wall Street Journal
U.S. Satisfaction in 2011 Ranks as Second Lowest Since 1979: On average, 17% were satisfied with national conditions, ahead of only 2008's 15% - Gallup
Poll: Just 17 percent of Americans are satisfied with the direction the country is headed - Hot Air