Sunday, January 22, 2012

Are You Ready For Some Football. . . and a great big Taco Salad?

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Those who know me know that I am a huge football fan. Granted, I am an even bigger baseball fan, but not much beats the conference championship games and the big game two weeks later. Mrs. Pistachio has to work today. She left about an hour ago, and will get back what looks like to be after the second game is over. Yeah, my team is not there, but I am a fan of the game, and I am jazzed about these match-ups. Oh, and what is pictured to the left is the food I will be munching on during the games.

The Taco Salad is simply a ladle full of pinto beans mixed with my favorite canned refried beans, topped with seasoned ground beef, cheddar cheese, finely chopped brown onion, cilantro, green onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and my very own home-made salsa. Top it off with lime juice straight from the lime, and surround it with white corn tortilla chips, and you are ready to munch.

Enjoy the games. I know I will.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: