Friday, January 20, 2012

Etta James Passes Away at 73

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Many, many years ago I had the opportunity to meet Etta James. I was not familiar with her by name, but once I heard her music I realized she had always been there for me. We had a brief encounter, a few words, but she struck me as a genuine human being. What you see is what you got with Etta James, in my opinion.

A powerful blues and jazz singer, I fell in love with her music as I learned more about it after our chance encounter. "At Last" is my favorite, but would anyone expect any less?

In 2010 Ms. James was diagnosed with leukemia. She also suffered from hepatitis C and dementia.

She died in Riverside, California, right up the way from here.

Etta James is now in the arms of the Lord.



-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: