Monday, April 02, 2012

PSA Wear Your Seatbelts. . .beautifully done



I was in an automobile accident in 1985 that nearly killed me. I was without a seat belt in a Toyota Tercel. I suffered a left temporal fracture, among many other injuries. I wear a seat belt, and I recommend to people that they should always wear a seat belt.

That said, ask yourself if it should be a federal mandate.

Should it?

The Constitution says, "No."

We are supposed to be responsible adults. We are supposed to act in a personally responsible manner. When we don't, the consequences are ours to bear.

And remember this. . . originally they told us they would only ticket us on seat belts if we got pulled over for something else, and it turned out we weren't wearing a seat belt, too. Now, it is Click It or Ticket. My, my, my, how the government becomes more intrusive with the passage of time, even when they tell us they won't.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: