Saturday, December 08, 2012

Hedgehog Provides Enjoyment for Grandkids

This morning as I sat at my desk in my office two of my grandchildren, who spent the night, ran in to see Grandpa. As I popped them both up on my lap and began to talk with them, my grandson, Ezekiel, who has an interest in guns, not necessarily to the approval of his dad, asked me about a couple used targets lying on my printer-stand.  In the hopes of abiding by my son's wishes that the five-year-old be much older before I teach him about firearms, I joked with him saying that a porcupine caused all of those holes in the target.

"Porcupine?"

I decided to show him what porcupines look like on my computer, eventually coming across a video about a porcupine who thinks it is a dog. The man was petting the animal with thick gloves, even rubbing its belly as the quilled creature rolled over to its back.

My granddaughter, Alexya, was not so impressed - until I found a video of a hedgehog reacting to a verbally produced fart sound.  For a large chunk of time we watched the video over and over, the three of us laughing at this poor little hedgehog ducking from a sound it did not understand.

Honestly, I am not sure if they were laughing at the ducking hedgehog, or the fart sound, but we laughed incessantly, anyhow.

My son and his wife enjoyed the time alone, as their children sat on grandpa's lap, laughing at a video on the computer in my office.

Here's the video:




-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: