Friday, February 01, 2013

Rush Limbaugh: Shrinking GDP is Obama's Goal - That's Why He Shut Down Jobs Council


Obama Ends Jobs Council Because the Economy is A-OK, Despite Shrinking GDP

RUSH: I am shocked, ladies and gentlemen, I am stunned at President Obama. He's gonna shut down the jobs council. Did you know that? I guess their work is done and there aren't any more elections, and the need to create jobs apparently is not all that great, even though I don't think the president met with them for over a year. But President Obama will let his jobs council expire this week without renewing its charter, winding down one source of input. This is an AP story. I'm sorry. I can't read the news today without laughing. It's all a joke. Listen to this.

"President Barack Obama will let his jobs council expire this week without renewing its charter, winding down one source of input from the business community even as unemployment remains stubbornly high." The GDP contracted, unemployment compensation requests for unemployment checks increased. I have another AP story today -- they're calling the contraction -- I kid you not here -- they're calling the contraction in gross domestic product "growth." They are describing economic growth in terms of the contraction.

So we're gonna shut down the jobs council, but we're not gonna close Gitmo. In fact, this is true. I'm not making this up. We're going to close down the panel that was advising the president on how to close club Gitmo. Club Gitmo will remain open, and the presidential advisory group that was -- well, they were to advise him on how to close it, they're being shut down. Baby steps. (laughing) One of the first executive orders in 2009, Obama was gonna close Club Gitmo, the left cheered. It's open for business. They're not gonna shut it down. Jobs council shut down. They met four times in two years.

"When Obama in January 2011 formed his Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, unemployment was hovering above 9 percent. Two years later, more than 12 million people in the U.S. are out of work. The unemployment rate has fallen to 7.8 percent, but both parties agree that’s still too high." But it's good enough. So we could close down the jobs council... (laughing) The reason I laugh -- I know you know why -- the jobs council, I'll guarantee you, when they met, what kind of input would they give? It's silly. We all know how to create jobs. Do the exact opposite of what Obama does. There isn't any pro-growth policy taking place. I sound like a broken record. I think it's hilarious the jobs council shut down, 'cause we're now supposed to accept, okay, well, this is the new norm. Mission accomplished.

Finish Reading at RushLimbaugh.com

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: