Saturday, February 23, 2013

Torture by Iranian Captors of Christian Pastor Includes Demands that he "Deny Christ"


Imprisoned American says Iranian captors 'waiting for me to deny Christ'

American pastor Saeed Abedini, jailed in a notoriously brutal Iranian prison for his Christian faith, is facing physical and psychological torture at the hands of captors demanding he renounce his beliefs, according to supporters.

The 32-year-old married father of two, who left his home in Boise, Idaho, to help start an orphanage in his latest country, detailed “horrific pressures” and “death threats,” is a letter to family members, according to his U.S.-based attorneys.

"They are only waiting for one thing…for me to deny Christ. But they will never get this from me.”

Read more at Fox News

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. John 15:21

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. Mark 13:13

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: