Saturday, May 25, 2013

Busy, with a purpose. . .

I believe in America.  I believe in the founding principles enumerated in the United States Constitution.  I am doing all I can to turn this country around, educate the masses, and fight the good fight.

The more and more I engage in what I do, and am criticized by the opposition for what I do, the more I understand the Founding Fathers, who, as the Declaration of Independence says, pledged to each other their lives, the fortunes, and their sacred honor.

As a result of all I do, I am a busy pup, and I always have been.  That is just the way I roll.  I try to put something on my website every night, for the following day (when I have the time I write posts, rather than post links). I lead a Constitution Study on Thursday Nights in Temecula, and I am getting ready to begin Monday Night Classes in Lake Elsinore, and Wednesday Night Classes in Norco.  I co-host American Daily Review Radio at noon on Saturdays, and I host my KCAA 1050 AM program in San Bernardino at 2:00 pm on Saturdays.  I have organized, and lead, a meeting two Saturday Nights a week called the Southern California Constitution Association (website for that forthcoming).  I public speak, and I work my tail off to gather advertisers for my show.  Oh, and 5 (sometimes 6) days a week I drive a sand and gravel big rig 12 to 14 hours a day.  This week, however, it got really rough.  At work we got busy, and my car decided it needed some mechanical attention (every night to start the week).

People ask me how it is I find the time to do all I do.  I don't know how I find the time, but I find it because the Constitution is worth it, and my country is worth it.

It is the right thing to do.  It's a Liberty Revolution.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

2 comments:

dymphna said...

For some reason you've been on my mind of late so I thought I'd drop by, see how you're faring...it's so good to know you're still full o' beans...

I have a thought project which may interest you. The Baron and I are Tea Party members, though we haven't been able to get to many meetings because I have fibromyalgia.

Anyway, point is that I'm a fan so when I heard Bill Whittle respond to a query about whether or not the Tea Party ought to re-brand itself due to the incessant demonizing, I was surprised to hear him answer in the affirmative.

Whittle is a big TParty fan. He has spoken to dozens of groups out there and is firmly committed to its goals. I presume he's also a member too. Ever since he said - thoughtfully - that yeah, it might be time given that the situation has changed, etc. At the very least his answer was food for thought at our house.

When I saw your "Liberty Revolution" I mentioned it to the Baron. However, he reminded me that an experienced conservative political strategist we know, one who advises think tanks and non-profits re media issues, had urged us to avoid any potential 'hooks' for the opposition. And "Revolution" is certainly a hook - at least if the knuckle-dragging Neandethals like you 'n' us dare to use it.

He also said something else of interest: that we're starting to grow up now, beginning to come of age. Thus the Gadsden flag & tri-corner hats, etc., no longer represented our current thinking. Yes, they were our foundation but going forward rather than looking back, what icons should we adopt or adapt as we mature?

This was from his show where he's given questions to answer off-the-cuff, so his response was just a kind of gut-level reaction. However, I think he's on to something...we can't make ourselves bullet-proof when it comes to the Left's mendacious attacks, but maybe we could find a unifying label that was at least bullet-resistant...one that might be a good answer to the "Occupiers" and their "99 per cent".

Just a thought.

Prayers for your car!

[Note: we were kicked off blogger last year so we have a new url now. It should show up on my I.D.]

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

I concur, sort of. Yes, we are growing up, and the movement is becoming more of a strategic response movement, and not so reactionary. However, that said, it is important to also hang on to our roots, and also to not fear reality, because it might not be received so well by the enemy. The fact is, this TEA Party movement, and the other movements that have grown with it, found their roots in the revolutionary thinking exhibited by the founders of this nation. The reality is we are in a war, a powerful war being waged for the soul of America. Granted, it is a peaceful revolution, but it is a revolution no less. The Left's is a revolution, as well, a revolution designed to bring down our foundation as did the Bolshevik Revolution. Ours is a Revolution to return this nation to its founding principles.

War is war, no matter if we call it something else, or we use language that says otherwise. And war does not end until there is a victor.

Perhaps I am indeed a neanderthal, but I am a persistent one that is not being ignored.