Sunday, May 05, 2013

SciFi fun: Oblivion, Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game, Star Trek, and Star Wars

Episode VII fanmade poster
By Douglas V. Gibbs

I have been wanting to see Oblivion, but the opportunity has not arisen. . . yet.  A friend of mine saw the movie, and said it was pretty good.  If my wife won't go with me, he said, he will.  It was good enough to see a second time.

Still, as an avid Science Fiction movie fan, I am always looking for new flicks that take us to worlds only seen in our imaginations. Tooling around looking for information of upcoming Science Fiction movies, because I am quite the SciFi fan when it comes to movies, books, and television shows, I came across a little tidbit about Ender's Game.  The book is being made into a movie.

Yoo Hoo!!!!

I found their Facebook page to keep up on the news about it.

During my interview of Orson Scott Card on my radio program in 2009, it was mentioned that Ender's Game had been picked up to be a movie.

In reality, when I came across Ender's Game as an upcoming movie, I was searching for more information on the plans for Star Wars, Episode VII.  I watched trailers for Star Trek: Into Darkness, and I am exited about going to see that film when it hits theaters on May 15 - Stand Down, trekkies, I think the new Abrams films belong in the Star Trek universe, despite the heresy of tossing the entire world of Star Trek on its head with an alternative universal path.

Anyway, back to Star Wars, I got a kick out of a video I came across regarding Star Wars Day, which was yesterday.  "Say No To May the 4th" was a hoot.  You Star Wars fans will especially enjoy this. . .




Okay, now back to something a little more sane than my SciFi fanship. . . American Politics.

-- Political Pistachio Imperial Commentary

No comments: