Saturday, June 08, 2013

Making a Difference

By Douglas V. Gibbs

We are in a war for the soul of America.  The takeover of America began over a hundred years ago, but the tipping point has just passed.  The enemy has infiltrated our government, and resides in the White House.  We may not know it, yet, but we have become a communist country.  It is just a matter of time before all of their programs are in place.

Some people say be quiet, sit back, and live to fight another day.

I am not wired that way.  The Constitution is merely ink and paper if we don't fight for it.  I may be a target, and I may be setting myself up, but I will fight the good fight until we are triumphant, or until my torch is extinguished and somebody else grabs it, and lights it again with their own flame.

We can stop what is going on, but it takes resolve, relentlessness, and the understanding that ours is a just cause.  An elephant cannot be eaten quickly, but it can be devoured one bite at a time.

Stand with me, fight with me. . .

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

joetote said...

Doug,

Something I've put forth more than once as to the Tea Party but I think it in fact fits in perfectly here. We do indeed have to fight this insidious cancer that is bringing this great country to it's knees! Two years ago I was talking about the Tea Party in general but in looking back at it, I believe I was in fact speaking of the country and the electorate in general.

"It is apparent beyond all doubt that the establishment on both sides are deathly afraid of the so called Tea Party (and thus the electorate in general) and they well should be! For those of you who prefer to live in a cave, the Tea Party from my view is not just about returning to conservative principles. The people who are aligning themselves behind this movement are looking for so much more. We are looking for men and women of principle! We want representatives that obey the will of the people, not their leaders or their own power lust! We want a return to the bedrock principles this country was founded on! We sure as hell do not want to be told we are racists, hate mongers or all the other names we are called just because we disagree with the direction this country is being taken. We believe in free speech, not “Obama says you will think and say as I want”.

The Tea Party movement is not a fight for the heart and soul of the Republican party! A co-opted media led by a hard core left wing wanna be dictatorship government would want you to believe that it is in fact all about the Republicans. And they would be dead wrong! The Tea Party movement is a fight for the heart and soul of our country! It is a fight to return us to what made us the greatest country in the world! How sad that entrenched politicians on the right along with the garbage on the left cannot or refuse to understand such a basic tenet!"