Thursday, July 11, 2013

Street Preacher Arrested for Using Homophobic Speech


Former sheriff, Tony Miano, was arrested on a London street for using “homophobic” language. The American street preacher was questioned by police after his sermons on sexual immorality were reported. Miano told police he will do the same again tomorrow.

Miano was reportedly offered a fine to secure his release, until a solicitor interviewed him. The police told him they would prosecute him because he believed his remarks were “100% acceptable” and because he planned to say them again. Miano claimed his statements were not homophobic.

“The language I used was not homophobic, as I was not promoting fear or hatred of homosexuals. I began my message by assuring the people that mine was not a message of hate but of love. I was simply explaining a passage in the Bible which speaks of sexual immorality and that people should abstain from it (1 Thessalonians 4:1-12).

“I did not speak solely about homosexuality as a form of sexual immorality but also about any kind of sex outside of marriage between one man and one woman, as well as lustful thoughts. All of these are considered mainstream Christian positions and have been taught and believed by Christians for thousands of years.

“It was very distressing to be arrested and interrogated for openly expressing my deeply held Christian beliefs.”

Miano told police he didn’t hate gay people, stating: “So if a homosexual walked up to me and said, I’m hungry and I need something to eat. I would walk them to the nearest restaurant, give them something to eat, and share the Gospel with them because I love them.”

Read more
-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: