Monday, October 07, 2013

A Sinus Infection Big Enough Even To Slow Me Down

By Douglas V. Gibbs

I am one of those people that does not understand what low gears are when it comes to running my life.  I am one of the busiest people you will ever meet.  It's important.  I believe in doing what I can to fight the good fight.  I believe this nation is on a collision course with collapse some day in the future if we don't put it back on the right track.  I believe the correct path, the one that will keep the United States of America from becoming nothing more than a footnote in history regarding fallen nations, is the originalist view of the United States Constitution.  In other words, I believe that the original intent of the Constitution is what made this nation stand the test of time as the greatest nation ever to grace God's green Earth.

I work a day job driving a sand and gravel big rig five, and sometimes six, days a week.  I write on my website, and others, daily.  I am interviewed often on radio shows and for publications.  I teach a Constitution Class at Faith Armory in Temecula every Thursday Night at 6:30.  I lead the Constitution Association.  The patriot group has meetings once per month.  I host Constitution Radio on KCAA 1050AM, San Bernardino on Saturdays at 2:00 pm  Pacific, and I co-host American Daily Review at noon Pacific on Saturdays.  I public speak.  I am politically involved both locally, and nationally, often present at City Council Meetings in Murrieta, and sometimes neighboring cities.  I attend meetings, participate in events, and do all I can to ensure pocket constitutions find their way into good homes.  And on top of all that, now, I am running for Congress in the 42nd District of California.  One could say I tend to be quite busy.

Every once in a while, it all catches up to me, and I sleep more than my normal three or four hours in an evening, or worse, I get ill.  The latter finally found me.  Sunday Morning I woke up feeling like I was suffering from some kind of plague.  Fever, congestion, a sore throat, a headache, runny nose, fever, and body aches all played ping pong with my body, and inside my head.  The pounding of the noggin' was absolutely incomparable.

A couple weeks ago I missed three days of work (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday) over my car giving me fits.  After repairing radiator, timing belt, and fuel tank, and replacing my thermostat, water pump, battery, a couple tires, and giving the thing an oil change and oil leak repair, I figured the car would be nice to me for at least the next couple years.  The old Toyota Corolla has been a dependable vehicle since we purchased the then two year old car in 1997.  Suddenly, of late, every maintenance item that could go wrong seems to be pulling a "Murphy's Law" on me.  Finally, after a thousand bucks, the car was fixed.

The same day, Saturday, my car sputtered home from the radio studio in San Bernardino and reminded me that it wasn't quite done with giving me a hard time just yet, I began to feel the early scratchings of the massive illness I was about to succumb to in my throat.

On Sunday I planned to attend an event the Redlands TEA Party, and KTIE AM590 was a part of, but when I woke up I felt so much like garbage that today when at the doctor's office, the assistant noticed that I had lost a little over five pounds.  Tonight I have a meeting, too.  Chances are, it is not going to happen.

That all said, the doctor ordered me to stay home for two days, until the medicine gets rolling on my sinus infection, because that is the worse of what I have.  Bad news?  No work means a lower paycheck.  Good news?  I am finally getting rest I have sorely needed.

But, I may wander to my computer a few times in between naps, and taking my medicine. . .

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: