Thursday, April 10, 2014

What does the Tea Party and the Founding Fathers Have in Common?

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Sometimes, I get ideas for articles, and jot some quick notes down because I am not in a position to write out the articles, but I don't want to forget the idea.  Then, the notes, when I get home, get placed on a stack on the left side of my desk.  Sometimes I use those notes, and sometimes some of them remain on that stack, until much later, possibly years later, I find those notes again.

The following was inspired by one of those old notes.

TEA Party Commonality with Founding Fathers

And it is you, my friends, that has more in common with our Founding Fathers than anyone else out there.  Think about it.  When they wished to protest the British Government about unfair taxation and bullying the people with big government, they had a Tea Party.  They believed in low taxes, small government spending, limited government authority, self-reliance, personal responsibility, and individualism.  But, there is one thing you don't have in common with those early revolutionaries.  When they had their Tea Party, they were in the minority.  You are not.  The federal government has been expanding horrifically, and as a result, they have awakened the sleeping giant.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: