Thursday, June 19, 2014

Lucy Li: Inspiration

By Douglas V. Gibbs

When he was 8, and again when he was 10, I had the opportunity to golf with Rickey Fowler.  He is now a PGA golfer, and a very good one.  When he was just a kid, he beat me pretty good, not that I was a great golfer, but I had a pretty long drive, and that kid out-drove me with ease.  When I joked with him about it, he said, "Sir, it is not a game of strength, but of finesse."

So right, he was.

Now, today, I saw eleven year old Lucy Li make her debut in the women's U.S. Open.  She was 8-over with a 78, but considering her age, that was phenomenal.  The great part of the story was after it was all over, she had an ice cream.

You gotta love it.

I look forward to seeing this young lady improve.  She will be a force in the golf world.  And for all of those kids out there that think the world is against him, I suggest they look to Lucy Li for inspiration.  Hard work, determination, and a drive for success can work wonders.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

6th Grader Lucy Li's Open; a 78, Then Ice Cream - ABC News

No comments: