Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Doctor's Office Facebook

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Tonight's class in Corona was a good one, though the number was lower than we've had recently.  Three of the ladies were not present.  One of the female attendees recently had surgery last week, another just started chemo therapy, and the third missing lady attendee was at the Fontana City Council meeting tonight regarding illegal immigration.  A couple of the guys missed the class, as well, though they did not advise me ahead of time why they would not be present.

However, we had a few new people, as well.  One, a new mother, and the wife of a regular participant (and they brought the new addition to their family with them), and Donald Douglas from Orange County.  It was a pleasure to see an old friend, and to hear his comments regarding my teaching style, since he teaches Political Science at the college level.

In class, we primarily discussed the authorities of the President of the United States as it pertains to Article II of the United States Constitution.  I had hoped to get to the President's authorities regarding calling forth the militia, but that didn't work out.  We chased a few rabbit trails regarding presidential authorities.

One of the attendees asked me about my absence on Political Pistachio, noticing that lately my writing on the site has been spotty.

I first told him how thankful I am of JASmius, since he is great about posting on this site, even when I am unable to.  In the past I have been one to post often, usually four or five times a day.  However, of late, since March, it has been feast or famine.  Sometimes I will post a lot, and then be absent for days at a time.  Of late, my quantity of articles have been sparse, largely due to a little health problem I have had that involves my back, problems sitting for long periods of time, and fatigue that accompanies going through the discomfort.

My Email use, and working on funding for the radio program on KCAA, has suffered, too.

But I seem to do well on Facebook, sharing pics that I like.  "How is that?" somebody asked.

Having a smartphone with a Facebook app, while waiting in the waiting rooms of doctor's offices tends to make my Facebook time work out just fine.

But, that all said, I do have plenty I want to write about, so feel free to keep visiting - if it is my commentary you love coming to this site for.  And, of course, thanks for appreciating JASmius' contributions, as well.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: