Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Murrieta Feels San Jacinto Earthquake

By Douglas V. Gibbs

My wife said to me a couple moments ago, "At 7:38 I felt a tremor.  Did we have an earthquake?"

When the Northridge Quake hit, I slept through it.  My wife, meanwhile, notices me cough in my office while she's asleep on the other side of the house.  Curious if she was right about a quake a couple hours ago, I checked, and I'll be darn if I find out that at 7:38 pm a small earthquake rattled our area.

The trembler was a 3.7 magnitude, centering around the San Jacintto area about a half hour drive northeast of where we live.  The depth of the quake was a little more than 8 miles.

There have been no immediate reports of injuries or damages.

According to NBC News, the earthquake was called short, a gentle roller, and loud.  One resident said on Facebook that they heard it before they felt it.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: