Monday, September 08, 2014

Nutrition Nazis

By Douglas V. Gibbs

A radio station I listen to locally, Rock 103.3, played a liner that cracked me up.  It said, "We all have a right to be stupid, but some people abuse that privilege."

The first message was that rights and privileges are the same. . . which is a big, fat error.

But the other part of what I got out of it is that we live in a nation where for most things, we have choices.  We have the choice to fail, we have the choice to be stupid, and we have the choice to be mistaken.  There are some things that are so dangerous they are illegal for general use, like uranium and plutonium, but overall, we have the choice of how to run our lives. . . or so we thought.

We live in a nation where democrats are trying to legalize the recreational use of marijuana, full-term abortion, and stand behind euthanasia - yet, are trying to order you to limit your salt intake, limit your sugary sodas, and force our children to eat as they demand.

Choice.

I drink too much soda.  That's my choice.  I pour salt all over my food.  That's my choice.  I am a meat eater that eats the fat too, and  enjoys his vegetables deep fried so that I can dip them in ranch dressing.  That's my choice.

But, if they can say "we pay for your medical bills," suddenly they think they have an excuse to say, "your choice just went out the window."

"THEY" = Government.

Limited Government is the Essence of Liberty.  Freedom is Choice.  Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security, deserve neither.


-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: