Thursday, October 02, 2014

Where my Thoughts Dream

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Before Political Pistachio was Defender of the Blahs.  My first blog was a writer's blog, but it wasn't until much later that I realized I needed to start a political blog.  Thus, Political Pistachio was born.

Defender of the Blahs was created in March of 2006, about a year after I picked up an agent for my book I was trying to get published at the time.  In October of 2007, feeling a bit creative, and wanting to relay how my brain works when it is time to work on a story, and below is that piece I wrote seven years ago. . .


Those moments in time when my dreams and thoughts are the same I see the world more sharply. My senses recognize vibrant details, wondrous and fearsome. The world comes alive in my mind, and the thoughts that I assemble become the same as the material that dreams are made of.

In this place I may sit on the bank of a bubbling creak, or run through a stabbing thicket. Pools as deep as my mind may harbor fantastic creatures, and lives as delicate as a flower may crumble beneath the tears of a child.

The time when my thoughts become dreams is when I find my life merge with the lives of the characters that live within my soul, darting and playing and waiting for the story they must appear in to become a reality in the ink on my pages.

No comments: