Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Showing ID to Vote

By Douglas V. Gibbs

I voted first thing this morning, and I know in California they are supposed to ask for identification at the polling place, but usually they don't.  They normally ask you to give your address, and if it matches their records, they tend to be good with it.

In the last election, a friend of mine told me that when he went of vote, someone had already voted as him, and he had to do a provisional ballot.

This time, today, they asked me for my identification.  I gladly showed it.

A woman that came in while my wife was still voting (I finished long before she did) complained, not because she thought it was racist as the Democrats are trying to convince everyone regarding Voter ID Laws, but because it was a hassle for her to spend the extra time finding her driver's license, and pulling it out.

In other words, avoiding the inconvenience of having to pull out her ID was more important to that woman than preventing voter fraud.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: