Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Trump-Kasich '16?

by JASmius



This morning there was a fundraising solicitation email in my in-box from the John Kasich campaign, breathlessly telling me that, "Now that Ted Cruz has dropped out of the GOP presidential race, it's up to us!  John Kasich 2016!"

Early this afternoon Kasich announced that he's dropping out as well:

NBC's @mitchellreports that Governor Kasich will announce that he is suspending his campaign today. Donald Trump will be the presumptive nominee

Aaaaaaand, literally moments later, in an interview with Wolf  Blitzed on CNN, Trump dropped this non-shell:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN has just confirmed, John Kasich, the Ohio governor, he’s dropping out as well. You’re the only one left right now.

Trump: That’s good. You’re just telling me this for the first time about John and that’s good. I think John’s doing the right thing.

Wolf: Ohio, you know, is an important state, no Republican has ever been elected President of the United States without winning Ohio.

Trump: Well, I think John will be very… I’ve had a good relationship with John…

Wolf: He’s got a lot of government experience in Congress, as a governor…

Trump: I think John will be very helpful with Ohio, even as a governor.

Wolf: He says he doesn’t want to be a Vice President.

Trump: Well, that could be. I mean, he said that.

Wolf: Would he be someone you’d be interested in vetting?

Trump: There’s… I’d be interested in vetting John. I like John. I’ve had a good relationship with John. I’ve gotten along with him well.



Other than at meal time, I'm guessing.

See, I told you so.  And now Kasich is going to be amply rewarded for a sabotage job well....actually, I don't think you can say that Kasich handed the nomination to Trump; the Ohio governor didn't cost Ted Cruz any States that he wasn't going to lose anyway.  Heck, Kasich hung around a few hours longer than the Texas senator and still finished fourth in the delegate scoreboard behind Marco Rubio, who dropped out two months ago.  But I guess it's the thought that counts.

This, of course, is why I haven't written any "Haha, Trump's never going to find a real Republican to ride shotgun with him when he plunges off the November cliff!" posts, because he already has a short veep list of corruptees that will never be long, but still nevertheless exists - Newt Gingrich's name is being bandied around as well, and if all else fails, I'm sure Chris Christie or Ben Carson would be willing to be "catcher" to Trump's "pitcher".  But the smarmy, faux evangelical ObamaCare Medicaid-expanding RINO from the Buckeye State seems like a perfect fit.

Kind of like the pants of a man with five penises (i.e. Trump): Fits like a glove.

No comments: