Thursday, September 08, 2016

Happy 50th, Star Trek

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

I've been a Star Trek fan as long as I can remember.  Like the original series, I also hit 50 this year.  When I was ten my folks bought me a black and white TV, and I was pretty much the only kid in the neighborhood that had his own television in his room.  Sure, it was small and black and white, but it was my very own television.  I used it until I got out of the Navy.  It's now in the rafters, but the last time we checked, it still worked (they just don't make 'em like that anymore - hmmm, that seems to have a double meaning).

Even before I got that TV I watched old reruns of Star Trek when I could.  I've always been kind of a science fiction fan, and that show was as good as it gets when it came to exploring the galaxy.

I am now passing down my love for Star Trek to my grandson, Ezekiel.  We have watched all of the movies together, and are working on the original series and Next Generation.  Like me, the idea of exploring space is amazing to him.

Anyway, Star Trek has been a fun part of my life, and I just wanted to make sure I gave the franchise a shout out on its 50th Anniversary.

Happy Birthday, Star Trek.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: