Monday, May 01, 2017

Celebrating Israel's 69th Anniversary

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

I am in Los Angeles at a temple celebrating the 69th anniversary of Israel among an incredible array of new Jewish friends. My wife has joined me, and this is her first event of this kind, so it's actually kind of comical watching her try to adjust to an event that's kind of outside her comfort zone. My friends at the Israeli consulate invited me to this event, and one of them, a woman named Yaara, has already greeted me with a big smile and hug. I have other friends too that I was hoping would be here, but so far I have not bumped into them...yet. But, that said, I'm making many new friends, and I am excited about celebrating Israel's anniversary as a country. Granted, Israel has always been around, but it's been since 1948 that Israel finally became one nation again. I'm a firm believer in the biblical principle that those who bless Israel will be blessed and those who curse Israel will be cursed. I am also a firm believer, as a Christian, that the Jewish people are God's chosen people, and as a Christian I adopted into the family through the blood of Jesus Christ. As a Christian, I fully support Israel.

The most enjoyment out of this event, so far, is definitely watching my wife adjust to a new environment. And I am grateful that she is with me, because of her job I often have to do these events alone. Down the road I want to be more like Mike Pence and have the rule that I will not be at events without my wife by my side. It's not only good for our marriage, but it also is a good defense of liberal attacks that could be used to accuse me of doing things without my wife.

- - Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: