Monday, May 22, 2017

It began with 25 Myths

Douglas V. Gibbs: AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

American Liberty is at risk, but the problem isn't as much that we've turned our back on the Constitution as much as it is that we don't understand the Constitution and we are allowing the liberal left to define it for us.

Hence, the reason my first book was 25 Myths of the United States Constitution.

I have been teaching Constitution Classes for free in Temecula since 2008.  I have since added Corona, and I conduct monthly presentations in Norco and Banning.  The handouts were originally one page summaries.  Over the years, however, they lengthened, and eventually became carefully constructed lessons.

In October of 2014, I put the lessons together into a book, with all of my resources listed, an index for ease in locating topics and concepts, and a glossary to help with the definitions of the terms as they appear in the text. The Basic Constitution: An Examination of the Principles and Philosophies of the United States Constitution.

After folks finished reading the two books, from which I received a lot of appreciation and good words regarding, some folks stated that, while they loved the books, they wished I had gone deeper into certain constitutional concepts (and unconstitutional concepts) mentioned in the first two books.  Always one to want to advance the education of those seeking to learn more about the U.S. Constitution, I wrote a new book that goes more deeply into those various concepts of the U.S. Constitution, appropriately named "Concepts of the United States Constitution."

Along my journeys I have also spent time fighting the good fight on the stage of abortion.  I have attended a large number pro-life events, have spent time with a large number of folks in the pro-life industry, and I myself have spoken at a handful of events.  I am currently the secretary for the board of directors for Birth Choice Temecula, a pro-life pregnancy center in Southwest Riverside County in Southern California (a region tucked between Los Angeles and San Diego, slightly inland).  Which led me to write my labor of love, Silenced Screams: Abortion in a Virtuous Society.

But, the work is not finished.  Among my many projects currently in process, coming soon is a textbook inspired by my work with the Congress of Racial Equality, American Freedom Alliance, Constitution Association, and my upcoming work with a home-school satellite study program.  The title of the book is "A Promise of American Liberty: Introduction to American Civics and Constitution Studies".

Stay tuned, I will post about it once the book, and my other projects, are available for you to purchase.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: