Thursday, July 13, 2017

Constitution Radio's Second Hour

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

I began my radio career during the month of November, 2006 when Kender McGowan's "Wide Awake Radio" network asked me to be a new host on their very popular online network.  Preparations were made for my new two-hour program to premiere during the first week of January in 2007.  I downloaded the software necessary, bought myself a nice headset with a good microphone, and got ready for the premiere.

During the month of December, WAR lost its funding, and the microphones went silent.

The radio bug had originally bitten me in October of 2006 when I had discovered BlogTalkRadio, and was a guest on the My Point Radio Program with Dave and Jen.  Now that WAR had fallen down on the job (not intentionally, of course), back to BTR I went, launching my own program in February of 2007.

After having guests on like Allen West, Alan Keyes, Jim Gilmore, Jerome Corsi, Joseph Farah, S.E. Cupp, and Walid Shoebat (to name a few), in 2011 I decided it was time to take the next step - so, I researched various AM radio stations, and landed on KCAA 1050-AM on August 6, 2011.

During my one hour program on that station I hosted guests like Dr. Larry Arnn, Jim DeMint, Jesse Lee Peterson, and Andrea Shea King (a good friend of mine from the BTR days who also had twenty years of AM radio experience under her belt).  KCAA did the job, it got me on AM radio, but the owner of the station was not in full agreement with me politically, and his programming decisions seemed like they were designed to discredit my radio program by surrounding my show with leftist hosts.

In January of 2014 the Banning-Beaumont-Cherry Valley Tea Party decided to start their own radio program, and asked me to host it.  There broadcast was to be aired on KMET 1490-AM.  During the first quarter of the year I was on two stations, and then finally in April it became apparent to me that it was time to depart from KCAA.  In May of 2014, Constitution Radio with Douglas V. Gibbs moved to KMET, and began a one hour program each Saturday.

Six months ago, under the urging of many listeners and allies, the program was expanded to two hours.  The first quarter was paid for by two new advertisers, but unfortunately, after three months of being with the program, they were unable to remain on board.  I had grown to appreciate having two hours, so I appealed to the listeners and readers of my efforts, and through the generous giving of our fans, the program's second hour was paid for.

Now, we have just started a new three month contract.  I had a meeting this morning with the ownership of KMET 1490-AM radio over the new contract, ready to give up the second hour for now, because funding had just not come in.  While we had a listener donate some funds earlier in the month, one of our regular advertisers has not been quick with his funds, and I am not even sure if they plan to stay on board.  So, with AllStar Collision and Constitution Quest game, and some funding from a listener, the first hour was paid for easily, but the second hour, at this point, has received absolutely no funding.

At the meeting was a gentleman named Lee who participates at the local Tea Party, and he said he wanted the second hour to remain intact.  His $300 contribution is in place, but there is still quite a bit of money needed to keep the second hour in place.  We are seeking new advertisers and/or donors.  If you can help, that would be great.  There is a "donate" link in the link bar at the top of the page on both www.douglasvgibbs.com and www.politicalpistachio.com.  Either will work if you wish to help keep the program's second hour on the air.  If you are interested in advertising, please contact me at constitutionspeaker at yahoo dot c0m.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: