Monday, July 24, 2017

Uber, College, and American Liberty

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

This is not an article, per se.  I did not write most of what I am going to share with you.  I wanted to bring attention to what a friend of mine wrote.  I discovered some very similar things that she experienced and wrote about in the below reference article when I manned a book fair table at USC.  While handing out pocket constitutions, it was those not born in the United States who most appreciated receiving one.

I am only going to give you a few highlights from Jennifer's fascinating article, but I want you to go there to read it.

Here we go...

● There are college students who still believe in the American dream

● ...believes in the American Dream, he told me. He believes America is the land of opportunity. He believes that you can accomplish anything if you work hard enough. All three of these notions are called “microaggressions” by college diversity officials. But Nir knows better. And so do I. We laughed and cheered and celebrated all the vast opportunity before him.
● People born outside of America often appreciate her more than those born within
● America IS a melting pot (another term diversity officials have labeled a microaggression).

Check out the article. It's called: What my Uber driver taught me about college and America by Jennifer Kabbany at The College Fix.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: