Monday, September 18, 2017

What do you think of Trump?

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

On my way home from a meeting, tonight, I stopped by a local quicki-mart to grab a raspberry iced tea.  One of the individuals behind the counter was a young man I have talked to a number of times, and a new individual I had not met, before.  The young man immediately touted to his co-worker about my prowess regarding U.S. History, and the U.S. Constitution.  At one point the gentleman meeting me for the first time asked, "What do you think of Trump?"

I live in California.  The odds are usually against me that if I meet someone new, they are not a hard left nutcake.  Nonetheless, I don't sugercoat what I believe, and I am honest on where I stand politically.  That said, as I had told this gentleman earlier in the conversation, my barometer is the U.S. Constitution.  In my opinion, there are two groups in the United States.  Those who support the original intent of the Constitution, and those who don't.

I said the the gentleman, "Well, I don't think he's a racist.  Back in the nineties or eighties, I can't remember the year, Trump won an award for the work he'd been doing in the inner-cities, along with Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali.  He wasn't considered a racist then, and to be honest, he was never considered a racist until he ran against a Democrat.  Some will say his immigration stance proves he's prejudice against Mexicans.  No.  The wall is all about national security, and the rule of law.  Anyway, let me answer your question properly.  You asked what I think about Trump, not what I think he's not."

I took a sip of the iced tea I had poured for my wife.

"Washington is full of ground beef, and that's because the establishment is a huge meat grinder.  We may find a piece of filet mignon every once in a while, but once he goes through the meat grinder in Washington, he winds up a piece of ground beef like the rest of them.  What we need is a dried up piece of shoe leather.  Trump is that dried up piece of shoe leather, and he's messing up the meat grinder.  That's what I like most about Trump.  He's messing up the meat grinder so badly that its shaking up the whole establishment system.  They can't buy him, they can't rattle him.  If anything, it's entertaining."

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: